UK Government Scholarship For Ugandans : Commonwealth Scholarships to the UK for Ugandan Scholars – Apply Now for 2024-2025 Academic Year
Ugandan scholars meeting the required qualifications are invited to apply for prestigious Commonwealth Scholarships to pursue master’s and doctoral degrees in the United Kingdom for the academic year 2024-2025.
About the UK Government
Her Majesty’s Government, commonly known as the UK Government, serves as the central authority for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The governance is overseen by the Prime Minister, who selects fellow ministers to form the government.
Benefits of the Government Scholarship
Qualified recipients of the Government Scholarship will enjoy various privileges, including:
- Covered airfare from home to the UK and return after completing the award.
- Approved tuition and examination fees.
- A stipend for living expenses.
- Financial support for thesis or dissertation preparation (where applicable).
- Allowance for warm clothing (where applicable).
- Study travel grant for academic travel within the UK or abroad.
- Fieldwork grant for PhD scholars conducting overseas fieldwork.
- Paid mid-term visit for UK Commonwealth Scholarship PhD scholars to their home country (except those already availing spouse/child allowances or home country airfare for fieldwork).
- Child allowance for eligible single parents who are widowed, divorced, or single parents.
Qualification Requirements for the Government Scholarship
To be eligible for the Government Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- For PhD applicants, admission to a UK university is required, along with having a supervisor in the relevant field from at least one of the UK universities they are applying to.
- A minimum of an Upper Second Class Honours in the relevant field for all applicants.
- Applicants with foreign qualifications must have their academic documents equated by the National Council for Higher Education.
- Master’s program candidates need a minimum of two years of work experience in the relevant field.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, interested candidates should submit an application letter accompanied by a recent passport photograph. The letter should include information such as age, gender, intended program of study, home district, contact details, work experience, and copies of academic and professional certificates, including the biodata page of the Biometric Passport. Applications should be addressed to:
CENTRAL SCHOLARSHIPS COMMITTEE
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SPORTS
Submissions can be made either in person at the Department of Admissions, Scholarships, and Student Affairs at Legacy Towers, Kyadondo Road Plot 5, Kampala, 2nd Floor, Wing B; or via email to [email protected]. The application deadline is Friday, September 8th, 2023.
The shortlisted candidates will be announced on the Ministry of Education and Sports Website: www.education.go.ug, as well as on Notice Boards at Embassy House and Legacy Towers on Friday, September 22nd, 2023.
Application Form Download
For further information and to access the application form, visit https://www.education.go.ug/. Don’t miss this opportunity to advance your education in the UK with the esteemed Commonwealth Scholarship!