Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program:
Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program 2024-2025: Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students
The Slovak Republic is offering fully funded scholarships for international students through the National Scholarship Program for the academic year 2024-2025. These scholarships are open to both master’s and PhD students. Successful applicants will receive a monthly stipend of up to €734.
About the National Scholarship Program
Established by the Government of the Slovak Republic in 2005, the National Scholarship Program aims to support the mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers, and artists. The program is administered and funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The National Scholarship Program covers living expenses during the scholarship holders’ study, research/artistic, or teaching stays at universities and research organizations in Slovakia. The scholarship amounts are as follows:
- University student (second level of higher education): €400 per month
- PhD student: €734 per month
The following are the qualification requirements for the scholarship:
- University students currently studying outside Slovakia.
- Students at the master’s level or those who have completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same program at the time of application.
- Students planning to undertake a study stay in Slovakia as part of their higher education.
- PhD students pursuing higher education or scientific training outside Slovakia and accepted by a Slovak public, private, or state university or research institution for an academic mobility.
The National Scholarship Program does not support:
- International students pursuing full higher education (bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral studies) in Slovakia.
- Applicants who have spent 12 or more months in the territory of the Slovak Republic within the last 36 months.
- Applicants already receiving scholarships in Slovakia from other publicly funded programs.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply through the online application system available at www.scholarships.sk. The application period opens at least 6 weeks before the application deadline. Key steps for application include:
- Fill in the online application and upload required attachments in Slovak or English only.
- Attachments may include a CV, motivation letter, detailed study program, two recommendation letters from university teachers, confirmation of enrollment from the home university, relevant academic certificates, and admission/invitation letter from the host university in Slovakia.
- Submit the application by clicking the “SEND” button and deliver the original admission/invitation letter to SAIA, n. o., in Bratislava within 3 working days after the application deadline.
For more information and detailed terms and conditions, visit the NSP website at http://www.scholarships.sk/en/main/programme-terms-and-conditions/foreign-applicants. Apply for this opportunity to experience academic and cultural enrichment in Slovakia through the National Scholarship Program.