Looking for cleaning jobs in USA with visa sponsorship? Discover the best-paying cities and states, visa types, salaries by experience, and top companies to apply to in 2023.
If you’re an immigrant seeking cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship, you’re in the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the best opportunities, highest-paying cities, top states, salary expectations by experience, and much more. So, let’s get started on your journey to securing a cleaning job in the USA with visa sponsorship.
Before we delve into the specifics, let’s talk about the earning potential. In the United States, cleaning jobs can offer a steady income. On average, cleaners can earn between $10.10 and $22.18 per hour. This translates to a monthly salary ranging from $1,600 to $3,667 and an annual income of $23,591 to $51,786, based on recent studies reflecting the current job market.
Keep in mind that your level of experience plays a significant role in your earning potential. For instance, cleaners with 1-4 years of experience can expect an average salary between $27,000 and $32,000 annually. Meanwhile, those with 5-9 years of experience can earn upwards of $35,000 per year.
The Best-Paying Cities for Cleaners with Visa Sponsorship
If you’re looking to maximize your earning potential, consider relocating to one of the top-paying cities in the USA. These cities typically offer higher wages and more job opportunities for cleaners, making it easier to enjoy a comfortable living.
1. San Francisco, CA
- Cost of Living Index: 269
- Average Hourly Wage: $18.50 (significantly higher than the national average)
- Many cleaning companies in San Francisco offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates.
2. New York, NY
- Cost of Living Index: 100
- Average Hourly Wage: $16.50 (higher than the national average)
- Numerous cleaning companies in New York City offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates.
3. Boston, MA
- Cost of Living Index: 162
- Average Hourly Wage: $15.50 (higher than the national average)
- Many cleaning companies in Boston also offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates.
4. Washington, DC
- Cleaners in the nation’s capital earn an average hourly wage of $16.08, significantly higher than the national average. With a strong economy and high demand for cleaning services, cleaners in DC can find plenty of job opportunities and earn a good income.
5. Seattle, WA
- Cost of Living Index: 172
- Average Hourly Wage: $17.50 (higher than the national average)
- Many cleaning companies in Seattle also offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates.
6. Los Angeles, CA
- Cost of Living Index: 173
- Average Hourly Wage: $14.50 (higher than the national average)
- Many cleaning companies in Los Angeles offer visa sponsorship for qualified candidates.
These cities present lucrative opportunities for cleaners seeking jobs with visa sponsorship. Now, let’s explore the states with high-paying cleaning jobs.
High-Paying States for Cleaners in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
If you’re considering a career as a cleaner in the USA with visa sponsorship, these are the top 5 states to focus your job search:
- Average Hourly Wage: $14.77 (higher than the national average)
- Many cleaning companies in California offer visa sponsorship, particularly in cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego.
2. New York
- Average Hourly Wage: $15.50 (higher than the national average)
- Many cleaning companies in New York also offer visa sponsorship, with opportunities in cities like New York City, Buffalo, and Rochester.
- Average Hourly Wage: $12.50 (higher than the national average)
- Texas is a great state for cleaners, with visa sponsorship opportunities in cities like Houston, Dallas, and Austin.
- Average Hourly Wage: $12.25 (higher than the national average)
- Florida offers cleaning job opportunities with visa sponsorship, particularly in cities like Miami, Orlando, and Tampa.
- Average Hourly Wage: $13.08 (higher than the national average)
- Illinois boasts a diverse economy and bustling cities like Chicago and Springfield, where many cleaning companies offer visa sponsorship.
These states provide excellent prospects for cleaners looking to secure high-paying jobs with visa sponsorship.
Visa-Sponsored Cleaner Jobs in the USA: Salary Expectations by Experience
To better understand what to expect in terms of salary, let’s break it down by experience level.
Entry-Level (0-5 Years of Experience) Cleaner Salary Expectations
- Average Salary: $20,000-$25,000 per year
- Entry-level cleaners can expect to earn around $10-$12 per hour, depending on location and job type.
Mid-Level (2-5 Years of Experience) Cleaner Salary Expectations
- Average Salary: $26,000-$30,000 per year
- Mid-level cleaners can anticipate earning around $13-$15 per hour, with potential for higher salaries in supervisory roles.
Senior-Level (6-10 Years of Experience) Cleaner Salary Expectations
- Average Salary: $30,000-$40,000 per year
- Senior-level cleaners with visa sponsorship can earn an average of $15-$20 per hour, depending on location and job type.
Please note that salary expectations may vary based on your location and specific job market conditions.
Factors That Affect Cleaner Salaries in the USA
Several factors influence cleaner salaries in the USA. These include experience level, location, type of cleaning job, and visa sponsorship. Here’s a breakdown:
- Entry-level cleaners with visa sponsorship typically earn between $10 and $15 per hour, while mid-level cleaners can earn around $12 to $18 per hour. However, salaries can vary significantly based on location and job type. Cleaners in major cities often earn more than those in rural areas, and those working in commercial or industrial settings may earn more than residential cleaners.
Who is a Cleaner?
Before we dive deeper, let’s clarify the role of a cleaner. A cleaner is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of specific areas, such as homes, offices, hotels, schools, and more. They perform various cleaning tasks, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and sanitizing, to ensure spaces are clean and orderly. Cleaners focus on their assigned tasks and do not typically engage in additional cleaning beyond their scope.
What Are Cleaning Jobs?
Cleaning jobs involve individuals being paid to maintain specific spaces in good condition and cleanliness. Typical cleaning duties include vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, and sanitizing areas like bathrooms and kitchens. Cleaning jobs can encompass a range of environments, from residential to commercial and industrial settings. These jobs offer an excellent opportunity for those seeking employment, and many companies in the USA provide visa sponsorship to qualified candidates.
Visa Sponsorship for Cleaning Jobs in the USA
Visa sponsorship is a process by which employers in the United States can legally hire foreign workers. For immigrants seeking cleaning jobs in the USA, obtaining a visa sponsorship is often necessary. Employers who sponsor visas help foreign workers secure the necessary legal authorization to work in the country.
Several types of visas are commonly used for cleaning jobs:
1. H-2B Visa:
- The H-2B visa is a temporary, non-immigrant visa that allows foreign workers to come to the USA for seasonal or temporary work, including cleaning jobs. Employers must demonstrate a need for foreign labor, and the visa typically covers employment for up to 9 months.
2. J-1 Visa:
- The J-1 visa is for individuals participating in work and study-based exchange visitor programs. Some cleaning jobs in the USA may be available through J-1 exchange programs, allowing foreign workers to gain work experience while also studying or training in their field.
3. Employment-Based Immigrant Visas:
- In some cases, immigrants may be eligible for employment-based immigrant visas (such as the EB-3 category) if they have unique skills or qualifications desired by U.S. employers in the cleaning industry. These visas can lead to permanent residency (green card) status.
Top Companies Offering Visa-Sponsored Cleaning Jobs in the USA
Finding the right employer is crucial when seeking cleaning jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship. Here are some top companies known for hiring foreign workers in the cleaning industry:
1. ABM Industries Inc.
- ABM is a leading facility management company with operations across the USA. They often hire cleaners and custodians, including those eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Aramark is a global provider of food, facilities, and uniform services. They offer cleaning positions and may provide visa sponsorship to qualified candidates.
3. ISS Facility Services
- ISS is a multinational facility services company that employs cleaners and custodial staff. They occasionally sponsor visas for foreign workers.
- Sodexo is a major provider of integrated food, facilities management, and other services. They hire cleaners and custodians and may provide visa sponsorship.
5. Compass Group
- Compass Group is a leading provider of food and support services worldwide. They hire cleaning staff and may consider visa sponsorship for qualified candidates.
6. C&W Services
- C&W Services is a facility services provider offering cleaning and maintenance positions. They may provide visa sponsorship to eligible applicants.
How to Find Cleaning Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the USA
Now that you have an overview of the best-paying cities, states, salary expectations, and top companies offering cleaning jobs with visa sponsorship, it’s essential to know where to find these opportunities. Here are some steps to help you in your job search:
1. Online Job Portals:
- Utilize popular job search websites like Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, and SimplyHired to search for cleaning jobs in the USA. Use specific keywords like “cleaning jobs with visa sponsorship” to narrow down your search.
2. Company Websites:
- Visit the career sections of companies you’re interested in to check for job listings. Many large cleaning and facility management companies post openings on their websites.
- Networking can be a valuable resource in finding visa-sponsored cleaning jobs. Connect with professionals in the industry, attend job fairs, and join online cleaning job forums or groups.
4. Recruitment Agencies:
- Consider reaching out to recruitment agencies that specialize in matching immigrants with employers offering visa sponsorship for cleaning jobs.
5. Visa Sponsorship Programs:
- Research visa sponsorship programs and initiatives designed to connect immigrants with job opportunities in the USA. Some organizations facilitate this process.
6. Professional Associations:
- Joining professional associations related to cleaning and facility management can provide access to job listings and networking opportunities.
You can find Cleaning Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship to apply for on this link.
Securing a cleaning job in the USA with visa sponsorship requires research, preparation, and persistence. By targeting high-paying cities and states, understanding salary expectations, and exploring opportunities with reputable companies, you can embark on a successful career path as a cleaner in the USA. Remember to stay informed about visa requirements and regulations to ensure a smooth transition to your new job. Good luck in your job search!